Monday, April 21, 2014

How I Went From Lazy Bitch to Health Coach




Why does it make me so angry that easy way out is better for you than trying to fix the problem slowly and more naturally. Why are we conditioned to do a quick fix? A pill, a knife, another human being or an institution to fix our problems?
Why are we not willing to do the work that it takes to make a positive healthy change?  Why do we take the easy way out? Have knee surgery instead of losing weight and maybe some core and leg strengthening? If we battle addiction, sugar, food or anything done compulsively, we give in to this so easy.  Is it societal? Is it will power or discipline or lack of mental strength, self control, not able to muscle through the pain? When do believe the drug pushing doctors and when are they full of crap. The drug companies keep changing what is healthy for levels of this and that (blood pressure, Cholesterol, etc.) so they can get everyone hooked on Lipitor (so to speak). And we believe what “medical professionals” are telling us.  That community is being led and controlled by an industry that makes billions (billions!) in profits each year. The Health community does not want you to get better.  They need you to be sick and unhealthy to make billions. And Doctors do what they are told by insurance and drug companies.
I am so passionate about what I do because, I have the tools to empower you to make positive lasting change that will take you off the medical merry go round we exist on today.  I have personally dealt with more pain and addiction issues than medical issues. (They tried to get me on Lipitor once because I had one high reading) my cholesterol is fabulous with none of the stuff. Well I am a little crazy so I do take a happy pill. But if I don’t take that I do get really depressed and don’t work out and struggle to keep a healthy lifestyle.  I am not totally against western medicine but I do feel they are drug pushers.
So off that tantrum, empowering others to have the life and body they want and need.
First off the only thing experts can agree on is that exercise is the best thing you can do for your health, mental health, disease risk, weight control, and the list goes on. So this being said it is the only thing agreed upon in the weight loss and medical community.
Why when it feels so great to exercise and eat a whole food diet, do we not want to do it.  How do we get back on the take care of yourself first plan? It is so important to get your head in the right place, and have patients (not my best virtue). How about slowing down and listening to your body. Being mindful of you and what is really going on.  We all can figure it out if we stop and listen to ourselves.
 I am a lazy little Bi$%h when it comes to exercising. I can find a million other things to do. (Especially, if depression is lurking) I have been pushing myself to get the work outs in and it is making a huge difference in every aspect of my life.  Trust me I really have to push myself to go some days. I think it had been baby steps to get to this point but when I look at the progress in the last 10 months. Maybe it was leaps!  Sometimes you need to give yourself a little credit. I want it for the long haul.  I have continually made the healthy, food choices (no diets, a Lifestyle change) I just make better choices now. And yes it is a lot of work. But worth it.  Am I perfect? No. Progress, not perfection.
I really needed to learn what healthy was because I thought I knew but really I did not. I didn’t know any better. We believed low fat, and blah, blah, blah, on what is healthy and what is not. Experts and medical professional couldn’t agree on anything. What was agreed on is now complete BS. I needed to take a 1 year course on nutrition and every dietary theory and listen to leading health experts (not Dr. OZ) to figure out what is best for me and my issues and my overall well being. I want to share these tools.
I would say I am at 85% of healthy lifestyle.  90 % is attainable. Since I have changed my life my pain level is less than a 1. (Normally about a 5.) I am losing weight and inches, I am never hungry. I feel 90 times better than one year ago, I struggle most with sugar addiction (anything that metabolizes like sugar) is an evil reality. Once I start on the sugar it is so hard to control. Abstinence is my best friend. Consistancy is right behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment